Collection of personal information from site users of our Website
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our Website. Without limitation we may collect your personal information via (1) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us or the Website via e-mail, (2) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms and (3) other information gathered through our weblogs or other interactive forums. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to utilize the Website and/or to purchase services; complete a traveler profile; or initiate other transactions on the Website. When you make arrangements for someone else through the Website, we will request personal information, etc about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information.
When you visit our website, we do not place cookies on your computer that track personal information, searches, pages viewed, or third-party ads assessed. We use session cookies tied to a group identification number for the purpose of allowing access between the initial login and the other secure sections of the website including the payment page and specific group documents. The session cookie contains only the group identification number and expires when your browser is closed.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
Use of personal information collected
We will only collect personal information that is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. We may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Website.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Website (such as account maintenance and record keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our terms and conditions.
- To inform you about our services.
- Ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error;
- Regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services;
- Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you;
- To analyze trends in sales and travel destinations;
- For marketing activities; and
- Internal accounting and administration.
Disclosure of personal information to Third Parties
We may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows:
- With your consent.
- To facilitate a transaction or communication with a Third Party that you have initiated.
- To our agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
- As we believe necessary to: (1) comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (2) enforce or apply our terms and conditions and rules and regulations and other agreements; or (3) protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to the Website in a given week.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Despite the precautions we take to protect your personal information, the unfortunate fact is that there is simply no such thing as a perfect security system. Also, we have no control over the security of the internet in general. As a result, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will never gain access to your transmissions or information, or that personal information will never be disclosed in ways not covered by this Policy.
- In connection with a transfer, reorganization or otherwise, to a successor-in-interest to our organization or its other material assets. When a Third Party acts as our agent, we will ensure that the Third Party is willing to enter into a written agreement requiring the Third Party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant principles.
Trans-Border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas Third Party service providers or our affiliates, licensees overseas. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.
Security of information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to transmit all data between browsers and our web server, where applicable. We use advanced technology to ensure security on all data transmitted via the Website.
As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending Personal Information. In the event of a security breach involving Personal Information, we may notify you electronically to the extent permitted by applicable law and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for such purposes.
Third Party sites
This web site contains links to other resources and web sites. We take no responsibility for the privacy practices and policies of other resources and web sites. You should review Third Party privacy policies in connection with visiting the sites.
Access to and ability to correct personal information
Upon request via postal mail or e-mail, we will, within a reasonable time period, provide to visitors a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by us regarding the visitor, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
Feedback and complaints
We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with this Policy.